Here is the last installment of the St. Joseph Novena. I hope you will draw closer to God by drawing closer to St. Joseph.
First visit is St. Joseph fidelity to grace.
Joseph was God's man. As the search for room went on, through grace he realized that this too was God's plan and who was he to murmur or to try to make it different. He had done all that was humanly possible - God would take over now and though he suffered as he led her down the hill to an abandoned stable, yet there was joy in the suffering because of God's grace. ( meditate for one minute.)
My God, I thank Thee for St. Joseph's fidelity to grace. I ask through his intercession for fidelity to grace and for...(mention your request)
Second visit is St. Joseph's fidelity to the interior life.
As Joseph led the way to the stable there were plenty of thoughts surging through his brain. God had come to earth to save man and man would not receive Him. Love rose up in the heart of Joseph to make up for the coldness of men. He came unto His own and His own received Him not. (meditate on minute.)
My God I thank Thee for St. Joseph's fidelity to the interior life. I ask through his intercession for fidelity to the interior life and for ...(mention your request)
Third visit is St. Joseph's love for Our blessed Lady
The stable is found, the birthplace of the Son of God. Mary must be made as comfortable as circumstances allowed. Joseph cleared a place for her and out of soft hay made a resting place for her. He hung his lantern on the wall and then took up his place at the door so that nothing might disturb Mary. Suddenly the faint cry of an Infant told Joseph the moment had come. Mary had given him his God Whose face he so longed to behold. (meditate one minute)
My God I thank Thee for St. Joseph's love of Our Blessed Lady. May I love her as St. Joseph did so that I may love her with his love. I also ask for...(mention your request)
Fourth visit is St. Joseph's love of the Holy Child
Joseph beheld Mary on her knees adoring the Divine Child before her. St. Joseph falls down in adoration of the Son of God - He has two worshipers which for all times would be the exemplars for all men in adoration of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Lost in contemplation are these two souls so dear to God. They would have remained thus if God had not demanded that they should be the ones to show mankind the Holy Child. Footsteps - the shepherds arrive. Joseph and Mary know their duty - they must share their joys with their neighbor; love of God and love of neighbor shall ever go hand in hand. St. Joseph, pray for us that our hearts may be filled with the love of the Divine Child and with love for out neighbor. (meditate one minute)
My God I thank Thee for St. Joseph's love for the HOly Child. May I love Him as St. Joseph did so that I may love Him with Joseph's love. I also ask for ...(mention your request)
Add to the end of the novena:
May the most Just, the most high, and the most amiable will of God be in all things fulfilled , praised and exalted now and forever. Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment