Monday, May 16, 2016

News and Events: St. Joseph Novena Day Three

Here is day three of our Novena to St. Joseph.  A novena is a nine day period of prayer to ask special favors or graces from God.  The word 'novena' is derived from the Latin word novem, meaning nine.

First visit is the Trial of St. Joseph
     Only a saintly soul like Joseph's could experience such suffering.  Mary, the light of his life, seemingly is the cause.  Again he cooperates with grace for he sought relief in prayer and God gave the answer which flooded his soul with another grace --- that of joy.  Imagine his kneeling before Mary to let her know he was aware through God's grace of the great secret that was hers --- yes he adores the unborn Incarnate word.  (Meditate for one minute)
     My God, I thank Thee for St. Joseph's fidelity to grace.  I ask through his intercession for fidelity to grace and for....( mention your request).


Second visit is St. Joseph's Fidelity to the Interior Life
     The struggle of doubt is over. the clouds of sorrow have disappeared, but they leave an indelible print on the soul of Joseph.  His soul is now a stronger soul, for when one suffers in keeping with God's grace this is always the result in the soul. ( meditate for one minute)
     My God, I thank Thee for St. Joseph's fidelity to the interior life.  I ask though his intercession for fidelity to the interior life and for....( mention your request)

Third visit St. Joseph's love for Our Blessed Lady
     The espousal, the marriage day, these endeared Mary more and more to Joseph but there is nothing that knits two hearts together more than the crucible of suffering.  Joseph had suffered and Mary suffered because she knew he was suffering.  Joseph's love for Mary was indeed becoming enriched day by day. (meditate one minute)
     My God, I thank Thee for St. Joseph's love of Our Blessed Lady.  May I love her as St. Joseph did so that I may love her with his love.  I also ask for ....(mention your request)

Fourth visit St. Joseph's love of the Holy Child
     In anticipation Joseph loved Him Who was soon to become a little Child for him and mankind that man might have Life and have it more abundantly.  Imagine the aspirations of a loving heart like Joseph's lifted up in adoration to his God Who soon would be Emmanuel - God with us.  (Meditate for one minute)
     My God, I thank Thee for St. Joseph's love for the Holy Child.  May I love Him as St. Joseph did so that I may love Him with Joseph's love.  I also ask for....(mention your request.)

No comments:

Post a Comment